Sunday, August 11, 2013

"DA BEARS"!


Football season!  Yes, I love football.  "DA BEARS" from Chicago is my favorite team!

Remember, in my previous blogs I told you that I LOVE Pinterest.  I have several "boards" on Pinterest. One of my boards is titled "DA BEARS".

On Pinterest you can follow other people and they can follow you and your "boards".  I have to say that the board that I have that is followed the most or that people "pin" pictures off of the most,  is my board "DA BEARS".  I cannot believe how many people have pinned pictures off it.  Every time I find and add new pictures to it, those pictures are going onto other boards.  It blows me away!

Of course, my favorite year for the Bears was 1985.  They went onto win the Super Bowl in 1986.  What a team and my favorite "BEAR" of all time was Sweetness.  Sweetness was the nickname of Walter Payton, number 34.  What a player!  And his nickname said it all!  He was the sweetest guy ever!

Walter "Sweetness" Payton

My other favorite Chicago Bear was Jim McMahon.  He was the quarterback for the Super Bowl Bears. He was always the one who liked to "fight the system".  He used to wear head bands.  The NFL told him he could not wear any that had name brands on them.  So he wore them and put different names on them.

  This head band says PLUTO.
My two favorite BEARS!
I just LOVE this picture of Jim and Walter!

The coach of this winning Super Bowl Team was Mike Ditka.  What a coach!  I have a football that is signed by Coach Ditka.  Have to tell you that one Christmas I caught our two oldest boys out in the yard tossing the football back and forth.  What?  Noooooooooooo! I was a little bit upset!  You don't play with that football!

 Coach Mike Ditka, William "Refrigerator" Perry and Walter "Sweetness" Payton
                "DA BEARS" doing the Super Bowl Shuffle

Now the guys on the Super Bowl Chicago Bears made a record. One of the songs was called "The Super Bowl Shuffle". We own this album and will not part with it.

This year the Chicago Bears  have a brand new coach.  Hoping they can soon repeat history and win the Super Bowl again!

   
As Always,

Marilyn






No comments:

Post a Comment